Working with people over the past few months, I've noticed a dominant trend: lack of grounding. Discovering this trend got me thinking about grounding and how I learned to do it myself. I asked, What is grounding? Why is it important? and How can I help more people learn it?
Interested? Read on!
My most straightforward definition of the term grounding is, “The energetic stabilization of the physical form (body) on Planet Earth.” Ironically, when we stabilize our bodies, our minds follow automatically.
I believe the main reason we need grounding is that we have bodies! It's really that simple. And, because we have bodies, it follows naturally that we have a purpose here on Earth.
If you want even MORE motivation to get good at Grounding, I've created a "Top Ten" list to help:
10. Reduces stress and calms the mind - of course, stress happens. But, when you practice grounding, you're connecting with very supportive Earth energy. Tapping into this energy can help you offset challenging situations.
9. Increases ability to focus on tasks at hand - especially when feeling overwhelmed by several tasks at once.
8. Reduces vulnerability to external energies - not everything you feel belongs to YOU. Grounding helps to sort through that.
7. Decrease insomnia and improves sleep quality - when you can't seem to calm down even when you know you're tired and need sleep.
6. Improves ability to meditate - many try but give up quickly. Ground first, then try again - and use The Feather meditation below!
5. Calms fear and anxiety - it's easy to find ourselves worrying over what could happen or fear the state of the world. Grounding helps reduce that feeling in us.
4. Improves ability to respond rather than react - emotions can temporarily overrun us. If we take a minute to ground, it allows us to think before we act.
3. Increases stamina and ability of Lightworkers to “tune-in” - without grounding, we may become more susceptible to taking on our client's issues.
2. Improves problem solving capacity – being in a grounded state helps us to see more available options.
1. Improves overall ability to function more efficiently and effectively in life.
Sounds pretty amazing, right? Well...IT IS!
For more information and practice with techniques I use, sign up for my workshop!